Brian I really don't think this type of aircraft will do well being
outside on a permanent basis. I'd be concerned with warpage due to
humidity and temp extremes. These do require a lot of maint for the 1st
year or so till you get the bugs out. My cowl was off every other wkend
for the first year as I hunted down oil leaks, U may have better luck in
that area. I pay $150 a month for my own hanger and it's really worth the
money
              -------------------Good Luck------------------

On Sat, 05 Jul 2003 21:06:07 -0400 Brian Kraut <eng...@earthlink.net>
writes:
> It is almost time to make my neighbors very happy and move my plane
> the airport.  I went to the airport today to reserve a tiedown spot
> for
> August 1, but the spots that were $50 when I checked six months ago
> are
> now $75.  I did find something on the other side of the airport for
> $60
> a month, but they do maintenance there and they won't allow me to
> even
> remove my cowl on the ramp.  I won't even be allowed to wash the
> plane
> on the ramp soon because the city is building a washing area and I
> will
> need to go there and pay to use it.
>
> I am checking with some of the hanger owners to see if I can get
> some
> kind of day rental rate so I can do maintenance.  Can anyone give me
>
> some idea on how often I can expect to have to work on something if
> I am
> flying four or five hours every weekend?
>
> I am going to have a cover made to keep the UV off the plane and
> keep it
> dry.  Is there anyone else that doesn't keep their KR in a hanger?

> see KRnet list details at http://www.krnet.org/instructions.html

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!