>I get disgusted also, but the picture isn't as black as all that.  There are
>suppliers who do supply good parts.  You just have to learn who to buy from
>and who not to buy from.  If you ask on the net BEFOR you buy, then you can
>usually get a good source for most anything you want.

I have bought only from highly regarded, by the KRNet, suppliers and found
missing parts, unfinished work, parts that don't fit, etc.

>I have  a motor mount on this KR and had one on the first KR and had no
>problems with either of them.  But spent several months trying to figure out
>how to attach and make seat belt attach fittings.  Yes, it can be
>frustrating, but sure is a lot of fun.

The motor mount came with no instructions. The openings are loose for AN5
bolts, but AN6 WILL NOT GO IN without reaming. This means that I need to
spend days trying to find a 3/8" ream.

>And another thing, if you like sports cars, you will love flying a KR.  I
>know because I flew one for 6 years and had a blast doing it.

I am a military trained pilot with 14,000 hours. I also have studied
aeronautics in college. I know what a well built KR2 is capable of. This is
why I intend to find a way to finish the plane, but I stand by my complaint
that the suppliers are the reason that 85% of builders do not finish. It is
scarry that the best are this sloppy. Or, maybe, no one else has gotten
consistently poor parts with no QC and little documentation! I have not
received a single part from any supplier that did not require grinding,
re-taping, or parts additions, even when I bought a series of supposedly
compatible components.

See you in Red Oak - 2003
I wish I could be there, but my plane is not moving forward rapidly. I
spend 95% of my building time trying to fix bad parts.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
lar...@socal.rr.com