Hi Netters,
Well between working back to back double shifts at work ,I have managed to get
a great deal of work done on my KR.
First, she is no longer a retract. I have just completed the conversion over to
the fuselage mounted spring gear with hydraulic disc brakes. I have filled the
holes in the wings and flaring in the gear to the bottom of the fuselage.
I am now re designing the tail wheel and rake of the tail spring.
I have rebuilt the engine, and changed the carb to a updraft Zenith,and a 009
dist. with a high output coil.
I have a starter and acc. case but no longer using a mag.
I have changed the alternator to a Kubota 14 amp. dynamo and a Harley Davidson
14amp. regulator. That is belt driven off the flywheel end of the crank.
I used a standard gland nut with the bearing removed,milled out to a 5/8" hole,
and welded a shaft to it and matched a pulley to it from a old alt.
I have also solved my aileron problem by carving out holes in the wings and
ailerons , drilling threw each rivet,and installing a ss screw and nutplate(to
the back of the false spar) then floxing in the nutplate and filling the holes.
I am hopping to have her painted and reassembled by the end of September.

Tim Bellville
KR2  N7038V