From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of Mark Langford
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2003 3:09 PM
To: KR builders and pilots
Subject: Re: KR>Re: vertical winglets

John Martindale wrote:

> Aye Mark, are you in the mood for an aerodynamic debate? :-)

Nope, not at all.  I don't know diddly about aerodynamics, so it would be a
lopsided debate.  I just threw out the only tidbit I remember about
winglets.  I've seen various formulas for making them, and they have lots of
variables.  It takes about 5 minutes to sand a Hoerner tip onto a wing.  It
probably takes a lot more time and experimentation to get winglets set up
properly.  But I'd be the last to stand in your way if that's what you want
to do to your KR.

What I'd like to see is winglets retrofitted to an existing plane,  and then
report back on the differences in all flight regimes.   I doubt the
improvements would be worth the time expended, but you guys are more than
welcome to prove me wrong...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, AL
N56ML "at"  hiwaay.net
see KR2S project at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford