>Brian,

As for flying your KR at night, that will be directly related to
your confidence level in your KR and to your piloting ability.
At one of the Gatherings in Kentucky, some guy and his
girlfriend flew in from Florida at 3:00am in the morning.  I had
a motel room across the road from the airport and couldn't
sleep when I heard what sounded like a VW speeding by
on the highway.  I thought to myself, "Bugs" don't run that
fast on the highway so I stepped outside to look and saw
the KR circling to land.

As to getting your restriction lifted, see what you operating
limitations state.  If you are limited to "day only" unless
equiped with proper lighting, or however it's stated, then you
may be able to make a log entry stating that the proper
lighting for "night VFR" was installed and that may lift the
restriction.  One of the FAA offices could give you the
OFFICAL answer.

Larry Flesner