I don't guess any of us actually answered your question though.  The
aluminum hinge material called out in the plans is 1 x 1 x .125 channel and
1.25 x 1.25 x .125 channel.  I should also point out that the new airfoils
designed by UIUC were for the wings.  The airfoils shown in the drawings are
some that I cooked up on my own. They are, however, real airfoils, as
opposed to what's shown in the plans.  Ron Willett told me at the Gathering
that he had his full set plotted out at the local Kinkos for $9.

Mark Langford, Huntsville, AL
N56ML "at"  hiwaay.net
see KR2S project at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford