Along w/the carb prob I'm having I also noticed that I developed
a substantial oil leak at one of the larger case studs, the oil comes out
either between the nut and the stud or from underneath the washer. As
I've never overhauled a VW but have the Revmaster overhaul manuel it
would appear for oil to come out at that location that the seals that go
over the studs prior to mating the case halves could be the problem. This
engine has only been running for 4 yrs but is a 1981 that was passed
around the country till I bought it and flew it. My thinking is that just
due to the age of the engine the seals my have gotten hard or
something.--------------------------any thoughts??

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!