It has been indicated that the tail volume of the KR2 is too small. Greater
elevator authority is justified in controling the stability of the plane. It
has been suggested by competant aeronautical authorities that increasing the
span of the elevator by 12 inches and increasing the cord of the elevator by 3
inches will improve it's flying characteristics. Nice idea after you have
previously built it according to plans. I am going to add foam to the ends of
the present horizontal stabilizer. (6 inches on each end. I will glass it onto
the existing tips with several layers of epoxy fibreglass.I will then lay up a
number of layers of glass for a new trailing edge and overlay it onto the
existing trailing edge and feather it out. I guess that I will have to
rebalance it again when I am done. Any comments from interested parties would
be welcome either + or -.
Harold Woods
Orillia,ON,Can.
haroldwo...@rogers.com