To All,

I've been asked to assist in the repair of what appears to be a KR
derivitive. The center section of the box-type front spar is fabricated in the
typical
KR method of upper & lower booms faced with ply shear webs.  Wing is fiberglas
over foam.  The plane is not new and has accumulated quite a few hours.

The booms appear to be vertical grain DF,  probably the Mountain variety,
very nice stuff (about 20 annular rings to the inch).  Their dimensions appears
to be 1-1/2" thick by a tad over 2" wide.

Question:  Is 1-1/2" the normal thickness for these booms?

  This airframe appears to be a stretched KR-1 fuselage with a KR-2 wing
(307" total span).  I do not hold a set of KR-2 plans, have no idea as to the
original spar dimensions.

-R.S.Hoover