From: Colin <crain...@cfl.rr.com>
To: KR builders and pilots <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2003 5:12 PM
Subject: KR>Pressure

Bill,
OOOpsss, forgot to address one thing.  Oil pressure should be read at the
lowest point in the block, not the highest point. If you read the highest
pressure, than when you get a drop in pressure, damage may have been done
elsewhere. If you see the pressure at the lowest pressure in the engine, it
will drop first there, and might give you adequate time for shutdown prior
to damage. Hence, on a small block Chevy, read the pressure at the last cam
bearing, at the top of the block, then at the filter near the oil pump.
Pressure loss there ensures that the rest of the block is still getting good
oil pressure, and prompt shutdown may only require correction, instead of
partial/total rebuild. Thoughts....
Colin & Bev Rainey KR2(td)
crain...@cfl.rr.com
Sanford, Florida