  From: Philip Maley
  To: 'KR builders and pilots'
  Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 8:01 PM
  Subject: RE: KR>Rudder Cables.

  Hi guys

  I am also a bit concerned about the rudder control system but I guess we
  shouldn't get too worked up about it because I haven't heard of any KR
  accidents from bent rudder horns. However I did find this interesting
  post on the matronics pietenpol list:

  "If you use pedals, they MUST be connected to a front rudder bar with
  rods, to keep from tearing the rudder horn loose...in flight this could
  ruin your whole day.  Personally, I have no problem with the rudder
  bar."

  I also found several accident rerports that talk about bent, broken and
  jammed rudder horns from application of excessive pedal forces.

  The bellcrank idea sounds excellent, and it could be placed behind the
  seat, in front of the pedals (maybe in front of the firewall) or you
  could even incorporate one into the rudder pedals (ie a rudder bar).

  Regards
  Phil Maley
  Perth Australia

  see KRnet list details at http://www.krnet.org/instructions.html