I fly mine just like a 172, once I see 60 mph I start pulling back. I did
not have any training in anything w/a stick prior to flying my 2S, and
truthfully I don't think it would have mattered if I had because the KR
is unlike anything else.  I did what u are doing-------getting a feel for
it on the ground first, I believe I only spent 1.5 hrs total taxi time
over 3 days before I flew it off. I was kinda shocked by the way it
jumped off the runway once I pulled back. Just don't over due it on the
stick or u will really know the meaning of PILOT INDUCED OCCILLATION.

Good Luck

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:02:05 EST ronev...@aol.com writes:
> Netters:
>      I'm a 7,000 hour CFII/ATP.  My KR-2S was signed off 5 days ago.
>  It has
> tricycle gear with a Subaru EJ-22w/reduction drive.  I'm sneaking up
> on the
> actual flying of the little beast by doing high speed runs down the
> runway.  I
> will continue in this approach until I feel absolutely sure of
> myself before I
> slip the surly bonds of earth.  I can't imagine a low time pilot
> trying to fly
> a KR without getting some instruction from a qualified CFI before
> flying one
> of these things.
>      By the way, (for all of you with tricycle landing gear), at
> what speed
> does your nose gear come up?  I think I might be a little nose
> heavy.
>
> RV
> see KRnet list details at http://www.krnet.org/instructions.html

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!