Don.  We have a fly-in breakfast here in central Oregon the second Saturday
of each month and Dave Figer fly's his over 1800 hour, Vw - KR-2 from John Day,
Oregon.  He told me this morning that he had a whole gambit of problems test
flying his. He wanted me to tell you of how he found his ram air intake was
pressuring the carburetor stopping the fuel and in a ground test situation
putting compressed air into the intake actually was blowing air bubbles through
the
fuel line into the tank...ha.  The problem never showed up until he was
nearly up to cruise speed.  He uses gravity flow on his 2100 Vw.  This is not
an
isolated problem. It has showed up in other designs also.   Some think ram air
is a cheep turbo. But, it's a no-no with some carburetors      Lynn Hyder