I'd recommend you replace the carbon with S2 glass or E-glass; however, your
problem is easily fixed with the additional application of "extra heavy hold
hair spray" (aerosol type) used in the mold.  Hair spray cheap substitute
for the traditional PVA mold release. Remove the hair spray with warm water
and an abrasive pad before sanding in preparation for primer/paint.

Make sure to use wax in the mold, then apply the heavy hold hair spray
before making your part.  You'll find this method to be extremely successful
your first time out.

Best Regards,

Larry A Capps
Naperville, IL