Netters,
    I¹m looking for a better way to mask off a piano hinge before I glass it
to my cowl.   What I have tried is to use the clear packing tape and just
cover the rolled part of the hinge.  After floxing it and covering the
untapped part of the hinge in position, I had to use a knife and cut out the
packing tape and scraping away some resin that gets in the way of replacing
the hinge pin.  To make sure that the top half of the cowl will line up, I
want to put the hinge together and flox it in place.  I can mask off the top
side of the hinge rolled section but how do I mask off the bottom side?
Sure would hate to end up with a one piece cowl.
I¹m open for suggestions.

Thanks,

Jim Morehead
Cameron Park, CA