Alex,

Thanks!  Pictures speak a thousand words.

Mark Y.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander Birca (MD/RMD)" <alexander.bi...@ericsson.com>
To: "'KRnet'" <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 1:32 AM
Subject: RE: KR>Vortex Generators

> Mark,
> Try for example this link:http: //home1.gte.net/pjbemail/VortexGen.html
> If you want more type "vortex generator" in google and you will find
> a lot of info.
>
> Alex Birca,
> Moldova

Of Mark Youkey
> Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 1:27 AM
> To: KRnet
> Subject: KR>Vortex Generators
>

> Rick,
>
> Perhaps you can explain the vortex generator to me.  We have them on the
E-3, which is a modified Boeing 707.  I don't see how they would help with
bugs or rain, as they are on the top of the wing, 3/4 of the way back from
the leading edge, and outboard of the elevators.

> I'm not sure what they do (besides generate a vortex), and I just figured
they are a "big plane" thing, and I shouldn't mess with them on a KR.  But
obviously they do something, otherwise they wouldn't be there.