Bobby Muse wrote:

>> BlankI keep trying to create a new message for the KRnet, but each time
my message goes out as an attachment.  I apologize, but does anyone know why
or how it's happening.  I am using 'Outlook Express'.<<

If you'll go to HELP while in Outlook (without any messages "expanded", then
"contents and index", search for "attachments" and pick "HTML", it'll tell
you that if you have chosen HTML then your messages are sent as plain text
with an HTML attachment.  Since the mail server is fixed to strip out HTML
(as a virus and obnoxious image filter), so when the message gets to the
list, there is an attachment, but it's empty.  So to fix it, go under TOOLS,
OPTIONS, SEND, and change MAIL SENDING FORMAT to PLAIN, rather than HTML.

Sending messages in HTML allows you to send web content such as embedded
images, cute little smiley faces, spinning propellers, and that sort of
thing.  Since I am "no fun", I don't have much use for it (it just makes the
file size larger and more distracting IMHO).

The truth about attachments is that last time I tried to eliminate
absolutely all attachments, those folks who send HTML and some other formats
stopped being able to post.  So right now we're just operating under a 10K
limit, which is smaller than most viruses that have been going around.
Anybody that knows how to make "Mailman" strip them ALL without side effects
would be my hero, since the people that host this particular list are
compeletely unresponsive, and I've yet been able to find a way anywhere else
on the web.

If I'm wrong about any of this, more savvy Outlook Express users are welcome
to correct me.  I don't claim to be an expert,  I just do the best I can.

By the way, Bobby Muse's plane is the best looking KR that I've personally
seen, although I haven't seen it for a few years.  The interior is
spectacularly detailed.

Mark Langford, Huntsville, AL
N56ML "at"  hiwaay.net
see KR2S project at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford