I sent this once before but it got deleted so I will try again. I contacted
the Boulter Plywoods Corp. at 24 Broadway, Somerville MA 02145.
www.boulterplywood.com phone 617-666-1340, fax 617-666-8956

 This is  information on the difference between marine and aircraft grade
plywood. Both use the same waterproof glue. The core layers are all the same
as the outside layers. The big difference is in the thickness of the
layers.The aircraft plys are thinner than the marine plys. They sent me a 6
page catalog. They have okoume B S 1088, the finest marine grade in
thicknersses from 1/16,1/8,5/32 in 3 ply, 1/4 in 5 ply, 3/8,1/2,5/8 in 7
ply.Aircraft Birch plywood GL-2 rated. in 1/64,1/32/1/16 in 3 ply, 1/8, 5
ply, 1/4, 12 ply.

 They carry Sitka Spruce in Marine mast grade and in spar grade. They have
them in lengths up to 24 feet.Spar grade is a very good quality spruce. but
always get the lumber 1/2 inch wider than necessary, slice off a 1/8 inch
slice and subject it to bending.A clean break is very suspect a splintery
jagged break is OK. If you find a weak break mark the region of the break on
the board then take a slice off the opposite side and subject it to bending.
If a break occurs mark the main board. If the marks lie accross from each
other you may safely assume that the flaw goes completely through the board
at this place.Cut it out. Now you have got two boards but you know that each
is good .There are many places that shorter boards can be used. Also a good
scarf joint using epoxy glue will yeild a board as good as the original.
Ladder grade of sitka spruce is also a source of spar material but after you
have checked it for annular rings per inch, slope of the grain and knots and
pitch pocket,as well as density, give it the bend test.
I am sure that if you contact Boulter, they will send you a copy of their
catalog price list.

Regards
Harold Woods.
Orillia,ON. Canada.