Thanks to all of you again. I see clearly the many reasons for
trailering the KR home.

One thing I do want to make clear is that it was never MY
intention to fly one of these birds to Alaska. I was thinking
about professional pilots who fly cross country all the time
who would fly the KR to its new home. I guess even pros would
trailer the plane home.

Since towing by trailer is the way to go, how difficult is it
to take the wings off and put them back on again? Does this
damage the plane in any way?

In my case, it looks like getting a KR here would involve the
following:

Option 1
1. trailering to Seattle
2. Packaging the plane somehow
3. Shipping by sea barge to remote Alaska

This method would probably cost around $5-7000

Option 2
The alternative would be to hire a  PROFESSIONAL ferry pilot.
Estimated expenses: $1500-3000?

Option 3

Have kit delivered to my location and build to my
specifications.  Time to build: years?

Any ideas on this one? What would you do?

Thanks for all of your responses.

Merry Christmas
Thomas Brock