Well I know that all of the ones I have had signed off and had the
airworthiness certificates for did not have such a limitation but I have
heard from others that the FAA inspector added such things, which he can do.
I have seen a certificate issued for a RAF gyro that said "The Pilot in
Command must posses the appropriate rating to operate this aircaft" and yet
according to the FAA the only rating required is a Private Pilot license
inorder to carry passengers........well 15 weeks of fighting buearacy and
the certificate was reissued without this statement in it. That is why I
used a DAR...yes it cost money and sometimes it is alot of money but they
just issue a certificate without all of their personal opinions written in
as a restriction for operation.

David Mikesell
23597 N. Hwy 99
Acampo, CA 95220