>I am planning my aileron installation. I understand the value of putting
>wax in the anchor nuts to prevent flox from closing up the access. I expect
>that I will also have to fill the holes drilled in the wood also. My
>question is, how do you locate the openings after the BID is placed over
>the wood to lock it to the aileron/wing?
>Larry Severson

One method you can use when floxing your anchor nuts is to hold
them in place with nylon bolts or screws.  They can be easily
removed after the flox is cured.  I'd suggest a bolt as it gives you
better gripping power for removal than a screw slot in the head.
I did have one break on me one time but was able to drill out the
softer nylon without damaging the steel threads.  Make sure to
test them with a steel bolt/screw before closure to make sure the
flox will hold.  You don't want them to brake loose when inserting
the steel screw to mount the hinge or you are up a creek.

As for locating the wax filled hole under the BID, place a large
black dot with a permanent marker on the hole/wax.  It should
be easily seen through the BID layer.

When installing the spar in the aileron, don't clamp the aileron to
a flat surface.  It should have the same twist (washout) as the wing.
If you do, the trailing edges won't match the cutout in the wing
at each end.  Don't ask me how I know.  I had to cut the aileron
skin just behind the spar, mount the aileron on the wing, clamp
the trailing edges, make a flox bond where I made the cut and
let it cure, then remove the aileron and do the BID cover.  Are
you still wondering why it took me 13 1/2 years to build my KR?

Larry Flesner
Carterville, Illinois