Let me give yo a tip about the legalities involved, this will help you
understand the issue.

- There are agreements between countries to let each other's aircraft fly.
- But for that, they must comply with internationally agreed requirements.
- Experimentals, by definition, do not comply. They are not truly
"certified". In fact, they are granted a special permit to fly, which is
granted, on it's own responsibility and accrding to it's own standards, by
their country's airworthiness authority (for you, the US guys, the FAA).
- So, other countries do not automatically have to let foreign experimentals
fly their skies.

Be aware that:

- An experimental, to cross a border, has to request permission from the
authorities of the foreign country
- Registration of an experimental, in any country, is a grey area, because
it's airworthinesss has to be ASSESSED, and not simply checked. This is
something your FAA guys in Europe probably can't do.

My advice: register it in Germany.

Serge Vidal
KR2 ZS-WEC
Tunis, Tunisia