Netters,
With all this negative talk I am afraid to post this for fear of being
attacked!  Just kidding!
    Dan will be posting pictures as soon as practical, but I can now say that
we are done!   The KR2 is complete.  We have completed all construction
corrections and additions that were required for us to fly here in Orlando, and
we are making arrangements to move her to the airport.  We are going to use the
Sanford-Orlando Airport in Sanford, Florida as long as the inspector does not
have a problem.  Weight & balance came in with her at an empty weight of 649#,
and CG at 21.11" with the cowling line being my datum line for measuring.
Calculating full expected passenger load and full fuel, we are okay at 24.60",
and landing 2 hours later at 25.35".   Aft limit is 25.75" based on published
limits, adjusted for the datum line at the cowling seam, and disregarding the
last 2" at Mark Langford's recommendation.
    Paint & body is rough, but after a couple of nicks were incurred during
weigh-in, I decided to wait on the final finish work until after the test
fly-off.  Hopefully we will have the test period flown off for Sun N Fun, but
definitely for Mt Vernon.   Can't wait!!!!!!

Colin & Bev Rainey
KR2(td) N96TA
Sanford, FL
crain...@cfl.rr.com