From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of Dana Overall
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 12:36
To: kr...@mylist.net
Subject: KR>Instrument panel labeling

I had seen the use of label machines in labeling instrument panels before
but got my first taste of it yesterday.  I bought this at Office Max (or
Office Depot, heck I can't ever remember which one it is we have in town:-)
at a whole whoppin $19 yesterday.

http://rvflying.tripod.com/label.jpg

Supposedly they are UV resistant, waterproof and non-scratchable.  Sure
enough, I can't scratch the lettering off with my fingernail.  I'm going to
heat a couple of them up as if under the canopy on a summer day and see what
they do.  From what I hear, they work just fine.  You can get all differnet
colors such as:  black/clear, red/clear, gold/black..........the list goes
on.  You can print in five different sizes, nine different styles including
vertically and six different underlines or frames.

I know numerous people will post other ways to do it that work just fine, so
have at it as I don't remember this thread popping up here lately.  For $19
this falls right into my line of thinking which is cheapest/easiest, kinda
like the $18 cheapest/easiest static system.

BTW, this is a Brother P-touch 1180.............piece a cake!!  Yes, sure I
will have an Eject button in my airplane on the passenger side:-)

Another BTW, I'll post a big time, major, put a smile on my face
cheapest/easiest tomorrow on Fun Friday...........course I'll probably get a
few smacks over the head with baseball bats, but so be it.  Like the ol
saying goes:  When you play with fire you sometimes get burnt but most of
the time you end up with a nice steak:-)

Dana Overall
1999 & 2000 National KR Gathering host
Richmond, KY
RV-7 slider, Imron black, "Black Magic"