Both the Learjet 25 and the AC-47 I flew in Viet Nam had free floating
ailerons.  The control wheel was connected by cables to aileron trim tabs.  The
controls were very effective.  But that is the reason that the Lear was limited
to 0.80 Mach--aileron buzz was quite spectacular above the Mach limit.

Of course, the aileron trim tabs on my AC-47 were about the size of the
elevators on a KR.

With the near-neutral stability of a KR, the effectiveness of the trim tab is
small on a properly functioning elevator.  But, it is the difference between
continuously correcting the aircraft attitude and getting a few seconds to do
other things in the cockpit.

                                                            Jim Vance

va...@claflinwildcats.com