HiAll.
I have been following the KR posts for several weeks now and have finally
decided to take advantage of the collective knowlege out there in KR land.
 I started building a KR2 a long time ago with fellow builder, Kerry
Vaughn...he finished his I didn't... some of you may remember Kerry's award
winning KR.Anyway, this past summer I have seen, on several occasions, two
local KR's,Owen Macperson's and Chris Gardner's and this has sparked a renewed
interest in my own KR.
 I have therefore decided to continue on my KR and have taken on a partner, who
is willing to finance the balance of the project (engine,instruments etc.)
and,hopefully,I will be able to complete the KR, this time.To date I have
completed the fuselage,it sits on RR fixed gear,has DD wing skins,rudder and
elevator and I also have all the premoulded  parts .
                                            Now for the question..I want to
change the fixed tail dragger gear to tri-gear using what I already have.Would
it be possible to do this by cutting the spring bar close to the  bracket and
moving the whole thing(bracket and the cut off part of the spring bar) to the
rear face of the main spar on the stub wing.I would re-inforce the spar with a
1/4 in. plywood,same as was done at the original location of the brackets.I
would also put 1/4  plywood ribs between front and rear spar to provide more
strength to this setup. Where the spring bar sits slighty below the wing I
would place a fairing to cover it

                 You are probably saying to yourself at this point" Why doesn't
he just buy the DD gear and be done with it?"
The way I see it,... and I may be wrong,I already have what I need (except for
the nosegear) so now all I have to do is cut,..drill,...bolt on
and....done!(and saved a few pounds) The DD gear involves considerably more
work than this. Am I missing something?I have already asked several people this
question but I would like to have more opinions before I decide what route to
take  Any advice will be appreciated.Happy building and flying!
Per Lindstrom
Mississauga Canada.

ps.Can't put the spring bar on backside of spar, which has been suggested ,
because of additional holes that would have to be cut through fuselage and I
would not be able to use the center bracket anyway because of the control stick
.I think that by placing it behind the spar inside the fuselage would be more
complicated!..with more holes.
Hope all this makes sense!