From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of intrepid...@juno.com
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 23:38
To: kr...@mylist.net
Subject: Re: KR>Training Wheel

> "Mark Jones" <flyk...@wi.rr.com> writes:
> I think I will install a fake tail wheel (like an inline skate
> wheel) on the back with a swivel.

  Not as silly an idea as it may seem.   Virtually all American
  Yankees and Grumman Trainers have skid marks on their
  plastic tailcones caused by hitting and dragging the tail on
  a less-than-perfect landing.   A desk chair caster wheel back
  there would be an obvious answer, not to mention reinforcing
  the idea of "training wheel on the front".  <G>

  Saw a photo recently of a Fouga Meister (sp?) jet warbird ---
  tucked into the ventral fin was exactly such a "fourth wheel" !

  Art Cacella   1970 American AA-1  N6155L  "Dinkie"
                      1972 KR-1 Plans, still not started <sigh>
                      ( but four metal homebuilts underway )
  Winston-Salem, NC