HI netters. I am 24 now I bought my plane at quite an advanced stage
probably about 70-80% I have had it since july last year and have put in
about 600 hours. Lucky I am single and young I will work on it or do
something towards working on it everyday I have just spent about 220 hours
on the canopy alone to get it where I like. I am hoping to fly at easter but
will probably have to wait while I save for instruments I expect mid year so
12 months was the plan at the start and I am trying to go quicker but there
is always something else but I am really enjoying the building and can't
wait to fly it. I have been building in a single car garage and I have to
push the plane outside to work and set up a collapsable bench
Next time I will have a big shed and will do somethings differently in my
approach. U can build anywhere I have parts of aeroplane in my bedroom,
resin in the fridge wings at my parents house. I have also had to move as
the apartment I was in was sold I reckon with all the moving of the plane in
and out and not having room as cost me probably 70 hours. In some areas of
building I should have used peel ply and had a jig for spinning the plane to
make life easy but u live and learn!!
check out www.saaa.com.au go to chapters go to queensland and click on the
map check out chapter 15 there is some photo's of the plane. The last one is
a month ago and the plane is much smoother now
cheers

Ross Evans
fly...@hotmail.com
brisbane
Austrailia

SEEK: Now with over 50,000 dream jobs! Click here
http://ninemsn.seek.com.au/