Good Call,

With limited vacation time and a family that demands - and rightfully so - a
good share of it, it is nearly impossible to justify more than one big
meeting per year, particularly if it is half way across the continent.

My destiny each year is OSHKOSH, for the simple reason that it is the most
complete gathering of all. Here I do not only meet folks building one or two
aircraft types, but can collect information on everything that is related to
building your plane at home. Whether it is all the developments around
aircraft engines, new building materials, Workshops, Avionics, you name it,
it most likely is there. So besides meeting the other folks it gives me the
most bang for the buck.

I chose to build the KR-2S for several reasons, the most important ones are:

1. Build to Plans: No major expense for purchasing a kit require. I can pay
as I go along, and I most likely go along as I can afford it. This may not
be the most effective way in doing it, but so be it.
2. Modifications: The simplicity of the design really invites to
modifications, after all from what I read and hear the KR-2 is the ancestor
of a lot of 'advanced' designs such as the GlasAir.
2. KR-Net: I found this group an extremely good example of comprehensive
knowledge and help that this available on the internet.

It is with some sorrow that I hear that KR-pilots do not come to the large
gatherings. IF would be nice if at least one or two finished KR's show up at
Oshkosh this year, as I have already booked my tickets for that show.

On the other hand I would certainly take the opportunity to visit a more
local fly-in or gathering. Our young Rhode Island Chapter 1363 is currently
organizing a fly in for late May, early June. I will keep you posted for the
exact dates.

Wolfgang
Wakefield, RI