I did the elevator counter balance today with the elevator being the "Horn "
style ( Richard Mole design ) with the naca 63009 airfoil.
With the weight in the horns it took a total of 28 ounces of lead in 4 peices
of conduit.  Maybe 29 OZ in all.  Anyone else know the weight required for
their counter balance?  I was wondering where I sat  for weight comparison.
Also this  HS is almost 8 feet wide.
   Now with the weight in the horns there is no worry of a bracket breaking
under G loads.  The horns are well wrapped with carbon and I plan on wraping
some light deck cloth around the wood rib on the outside as there is room.
This will also make up for the extra weight of paint on the larger rear side of
the elevator.

Steve McGee
Endeavor Wi. USA
Building a KR2S widened.