From: JIM VANCE <va...@claflinwildcats.com>
To: krnet <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 3:45 PM
Subject: KR> Painting

> Thanks for the many replies to my questions about painting.
>
> I have learned that a composite airplane can be any color you want, as
long as it is white.  I have seen a lot of Chevy pickups up to 20 years old
that still look great.  Their Arctic White seems to survive well.
Consequently, I'm using the Sherwin Williams white and primer.  I know it is
a little heavier than real aircraft paint, but it is about one third the
weight on my wallet.

> The initial painting I have done looks like it was intentional.  Using a
$37 HVLP gun that I bought from Harbor Freight, the majority of the paint
went on the plane and not on the floor.  I'm still learning, but by the end
of the month, I may have my nerve up to shoot the fuselage.