From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On Behalf
Of Orma Robbins
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 8:21 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: Re: KR> !!

The spar pillar spacing

I accidently deleted some of the threads about this subject, and like Mark,
I have no real engineering experiese in this area.  I do remember that these
pillars have been called load distribution blocks.  In a discussion long ago
it was mentioned that if the rigidity of the wing changed, then the stress
is changed(moved).  It was said that care must be taken to ensure that the
stress load that would be taken up by the bending of the spar of a standard
wing is not somehow transferred to the WAF's by a wing that no longer bends
as it should as would be the case by changing the spacing of the load
distribution blocks or in some other way making the spar less flexable like
installing a large tank.  My non expert opinion is that if the wing is less
flexible then the original design then the G loading of the wing should be
reduced.

Orma L. Robbins Southfield MI
19 Years flying KR-2 N110LR
http://www.aviation-mechanics.com