"Gorilla snot" is what we called 3M weather-strip adhesive and no it is no good
for sealing anything with heat applied.  It is good for holding gaskets in
place until assembled.  The best stuff for making liquid gaskets is GM black
RTV that is O2 sensor safe gasket adhesive and maker.  This one works stand
alone is designed for all automotive applications, and is gas and oil
resistant.  The 3M will eventually get hard crack and leak.  The Permatex will
not.  15 years of auto repairs proved that one for me working in the
profession.  It has also become the standard from the assembly line on
virtually all rear wheel drive axle cases, valve covers not using rubber
gaskets, the ends of the intake gaskets on V6 & V8 engines, and much more.
Good building....

Colin & Bev Rainey
KR2(td) N96TA
Sanford, FL