Mark
I was going to respond, but could only offer how I had bonded the foam to the
angle aluminum core of my canopy handle.  It is not the best way, but it
worked.  I hot glued the foam to the angle aluminum as is, then sanded the foam
to shape, and then glassed over with one layer on each side of fiberglass tape
cut to shape and tied the 2 sides together with 3 layers of deck cloth.  All it
needs now is proper finishing when I repaint the whole plane next fall.
      Just as a side note, I am calling the inspector Monday to set up the
inspection, cross your fingers......

Colin & Bev Rainey
KR2(td) N96TA
Sanford, FL