Chris Theroux wrote:

> If you reshaped the bottom of the fuselage to mate up with the bottom of
the
> aft spar it will not make a difference in how much head rood is left. The
seat
> bottom and back is that aft spar. What ever room you have between the top
of
> that aft spar and your canopy is it.

That's probably a common misconception, but you don't sit ON the aft spar,
your butt ends up down the front side of it, with the "small" of your back
up against the aft spar.   If you tried to sit ON the aft spar, the canopy
would have to go up about 5 inches higher than the drawings show.    The
stock sling seat is hung over the front of the aft spar, and that's where
you sit.  If he's only 5'-8", that'll probably work out OK, but the next guy
may not think so, if he ever sells it.

In my plane (and other KRs), it's the bottom of the fuselage just in front
of the aft spar that defines the maximum lowest point of the seat.  I'm
about 6', and I'll have just enough room for headphones and an inch of
clearance with my canopy 17.25" above the longeron, with my seat bottom
touching the floor.

Mark Langford, Huntsville, AL
N56ML at hiwaay.net
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford