From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of Wood, Sidney M.
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 3:54 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: RE: KR> tire pressure?

My KR-2 plans call out 35 psi for the Lamb tires for the tail dragger and
assumes 900 lbs max gross weight.
Sid Wood, KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD USA
sidney.w...@titan.com

They say max inflation pressure of 70 psi, but I doubt that's a good
starting point.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Something more scientific will hopefully emerge - in the interim, for
what it is worth.

Baron nose gear (500x5) carries about double (900lbs on one wheel) and
calls for 50 psi

Cherokee 6 nose gear (600x6) carries about the right weight as one KR
wheel (approx 500lb) and calls for 28 /30 psi.

I had a word with our A&P - I estimated a typical gross for 56ML of
1100lbs.

Kenny suggests around 32 /35 psi for a tricycle and 38 /42 for a tail
dragger - I gather that draggers offer more potential for high
side-loads.

He does not think the speed limitations will be reached on a KR - so
anything from 5 ply up.

Steve J