I would also add that Vne is normally expressed as the speed at which when the
airspeed is increased beyond that speed , that the airfoil has the capability
to produce loads that exceed the aircraft's ability to with stand. Simply
stated, the wing can generate more lift than the spars can hold.  This is the
largest danger to GA aircraft.  Where you see these pilots typically flying
faster is up high in smooth air where they can get away with high airspeeds,
and the true airspeed has increased anyway.

I would not recommend to anyone to fly those speeds down below say 4000 feet,
unless you are VERY light. Just my opinion...

Colin & Bev Rainey
KR2(td) N96TA
Sanford, FL
crain...@cfl.rr.com