Barry I agree wholeheartedly with you about glider spin training.Here in SA we
also give intensive practical spin training for glider pilots.It is quite
normal to have a handfull of gliders all in the same thermal and  at different
height Iif one spins down through the lot it could be disasterous.At an early
stage the pupil is taught spin recovery,before he even goes solo.More emphasis
however is put into the "insipient spin" ie Stop the spin before it starts,to
recognise the onset of a spin immediately.and correct .Even with this skill
there was always a danger that the pilot,on turning final would spin in .These
accidents were mostly fatal.Being too low,and trying to stretch the glide over
the fence,made a lower and slower situation with possible fatal results.In a
KR,on engine failure.trying to stretch the glide over the fence could also have
dire consequences.Better to use the fence as an arrester gear,I think.Even a
barbed wire fence with steel supports might be safer.
Best Regards,
Eric Evezard
S.Africa