>From: "Stephen Jacobs" <ask...@microlink.zm>
>
>As a bonus, the Dynon produces the output needed for an auto pilot (roll
>and pitch /alt.).  I suspect that only a low cost interface is required
>to drive the pitch and roll control via the trim servos.

As a Dynon user, once again I want to clear up another very small issue.
The Dynon does not require a GPS input and the current 10 head does not
support, nor output autopilot info.  Cprrect me if I'm wrong but I just
talked with them on the phone about my upgrade.  The new 10A has an upgrade
in their future plans, as they are going to develope their own autopilot.
The only thing the Dynon outputs at this time is the gray code for a
transponder.  Blue Mountain and Grand Rapid Technology both use GPS input
and will drive an autopilot but at a cost of 3Xs the Dynon.  The new
experimental autopilots are, in my opinion, much better units than the
certified units.  The internal electical gyro are incased in the autopilot
head itself and need no other inputs to fly as a wing leveler.  The only
info they need is right and left turn inputs from a GPS to fly a course.
Altitude hold is currently a simple "push to hold" and it keeps flying at
whatever pressure altitude you engage the altitude hold.  As for
experimental autopilots, if you want a cross country airplane that won't
wear you out, check out EZ Pilot Autopilots (do a search) and TruTrack.  EZ
Pilot is the one I am using as it is ahead of TruTrack in course intercept
in the price range I was looking at.  I believe the retail of the EZ Pilot
with course intercept is something like $995.

Dana Overall
1999 & 2000 National KR Gathering host
Richmond, KY i39
RV-7 slider, Imron black, "Black Magic"