I believe that to use the 'Revmaster' cowling with a VW engine, you have to
have a prop hub extension of around 2.5 to 3 inches because of the taper on
the nose. We had a very nice one, but at the time did not want to add an
extension, so traded it for a 'Hapi', which would not clear the exhaust pipe
on one side that we traded from a 4 into one to allow room for the
carburetor. Jerry disliked the 'bumps' that we had to add to the front of
the 'Hapi', so much, that he decided that it would be OK to use an extension
and bought one. Then we had to find another 'Revmaster' cowling, which we
now have thanks to Jim Moorehead.

I put quotes around the names, because these names have been applied to a
certain shape of cowl and may or may not be the product of either of those
companies. In fact, I know that Revmaster does not make the 'Revmaster'
cowling and cannot even tell you where to get one.

I include all the other rambling so you will get the idea that you just can
t apply this or that cowling to your installation and expect it to fit. You
have to fit your installation to the cowling or change the cowling.

If you don't have anything invested in a cowling yet, you may be better off
building your own from scratch as is documented on several sites referenced
on this NET.

"There is a time for building and a time for GOING TO THE GATHERING, and the
time for building has long since expired."

See you in Mt. Vernon - 2004 - KR Gathering http://KRGathering.org

See N64KR at http://KR-Builder.org - Then click on the pics

Daniel R. Heath - Columbia, SC