Several years ago I tried an experiment using 1-1/2 inch schedule 40 black PVC
water pipe.  I cut 3 sections, each about 16 inches long, capped one end using
PVC cement and filled each about 2/3 full with auto gas (Exxon 93 octane).  I
capped the top end using PVC cement.  I set the tubes on end in an empty coffee
can.  Once a month I weighed the tubes.  They were gradually loosing weight.
After six months the sealed tubes were back to their original empty weight.  No
liquid was left to slosh.  When I sawed the tubes open, there were no deposits
inside, just a faint smell of gasoline.  Apparently the auto fuel evaporated
through the PVC.  The PVC did not appear to be damaged by the auto gas.
Your results may vary.
Sid Wood
Tri-gear KR-2 N6242
Mechanicsville, MD USA
sidney.w...@titan.com

Mark,

I think you said the other day that he used PVC pipe for wing tanks. I would
like to know more about how he did this. Sounds to me like a really good Idea!

Chris Theroux
Gilbert, AZ