Netters,

I just got off the phone with an old friend of mine (who I haven't talk to
in several years) who is in the insulation business here in Jax.  I was
looking for urethane foam in bulk thicknesses.  He said he gets it in bun
sizes 41"x 29"x 96" long and can cut it to any specifications I need.  His
price is $0.50 (US) per board foot (12x12x1) or $6 per cubic foot.  That
appears to be about 40% cheaper than Wicks with no shipping since I would
pick it up.  It would also be great to have one soild piece of foam for the
leading and trailing edges for the wings.

Is there anything I should be looking for or cautious of when buying this
from a non-aviation parts company?  I looked through the archives and
couldn't find anything specific to this question.  Thoughts?

See you in Mt. Vernon!

Dean Cooper
Jacksonville, FL
Email me at dean_coo...@bellsouth.net