Gav wrote-

>Also it is important to remember that the wing (in the case of the standard
>KR wing design with a constant chord) doesn't lift the plane at the tip
>thus
>producing a huge leverage moment at the tip, the lift is evenly distributed
>over the span thus trying to lift the wing almost vertically evenly, and
>not
>having the so called bending moment as some think.

What changes is the distance from the "anchor point" at the fuselage, and
moment is force times distance.  The force may be evenly distributed from
root to tip (or nearly so), but the distance to the point of application is
varying.  Take a look at the wings of the Rutan "Voyager" taking off and
you'll see how the wings take on the shape of a parabola and you'll get an
idea of what is happening.

Regardless, as many have pointed out on this list, I don't believe anyone
has ever broken a wing spar on a KR or had the wings fail, so what are we
analyzing?

Oscar Zuniga
San Antonio, TX