RE: Those of you that have made aileron counterbalance arms, how long is the
bracket leg the weight sits on? Also, what material did you make your
brackets from.

Mark,

http://kr-builder.org/Aileron/index.html About 3/4 of the way down the
thumbnails. I made it as long as I could fit in the space I had for it to go
into. Remember the problem Jim Faughn had with his. You might want to make
them out of steel. I made mine like this on the last KR and never had a
problem, but I never flew mine like Jim flys his. This shows how I made the
brackets, the weights, and how it is installed.

There is a time for building and a time for FLYING and the time for building
has expired.

See N64KR at http://KR-Builder.org - Then click on the pics

Daniel R. Heath - Columbia, SC

See you in Mt. Vernon - 2005 - KR Gathering