I have the new airgoil stab on my KR2S and also incorporated 4" wide
aerodynamic balances that go up to the front spar of the Horizontal.  The  main
reason I believe they are called aerodynamic balances is because the
couterweight
for the balancing of the control surface is in the airstream not in  the
fuselage.  I seriously doubt there is much aerodynamic help as far as  the
"feel"
of the control.  I cannot prove this of course but I can attest  to the fact
the the KR2S is much more stable than the KR2.  As Mark  Landford and a couple
of the others who flew mine.  The pitch is sensitive  at high speeds but it
requires a considerable amout of force to displace the  stick from it natural
center.  What I mean by this is that the stick will  stay put , you can let go
and the plane stays rock solid,  moving to  stick takes some pressure but very
little movement is required for a large pitch  change.  Then plane flies best
when you let go of the stick  sometimes.  Maybe the aerodynamic balances help
in this centering affect -  im not sure.  The main reason I installed my
elevatore this way was just  for the easy of installing weight to balance and
it
looks cool!  I didnt  wan a bunch of weight inside the fuse on an arm I could
not
have access  to.  The weight is now permanent and I dont worry about it.
Just make  a descision that works... build it once and move on... Flying time
is
here!