KRnetHeads,

After fearing that I was about to have twenty hours in Spray Lat removal, I
finally got the stuff off!  This morning I tried several suggestions,
including Goop and Purple Power, but they didn't help much.  I'd already
tried WD-40 yesterday, and it helped as a lubricant, but I didn't see much
improvement.  But today I decided to try Don Reid's solution and use it as a
solvent.  It didn't exactly fall off, but it definitely helped dissolve the
connection between plexiglas and Spray Lat, especially when allowed to soak
in for a few minutes.  There are some details at the bottom of my canopy
page (linked from project update).

Once the canopy was clean enough to see where I was going (what a
difference), I couldn't resist taxiing up and down the street a few times
(yes, I'm only a couple of years behind Mark Jones in that regard).  There
are a few photos (and a movie) of that spectacle, as well as a link to the
updated canopy page, at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/index.html#update .
Tomorrow I'll attempt to align the wheels with shims.  You know I'm getting
close when I start thinking about making a trailer hitch to hold the
tailwheel so I can tow it to the airport (without a trailer)...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
see KR2S project at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford