Netters

Ailerons:  As Larry stated using ailerons during a stall is not bad or
prohibited.  The use of only rudder during initial flight training comes from
CFIs teaching new students about staying COODRINATED, not that ailerons cause a
spin.  But typical of teaching generation after generation, the method evolves
into a hard and fast rule instead of the gained understanding.  Full aileron
deflection will not cause a spin PROVIDED the aircraft remains coordinated.
But even partial deflection will aid in the development of the spin if the
pilot continues to aggravate the stall (hence the definition of a spin -
aggravated stall ) by not remaining coordinated and over controlling the plane.
 I routinely teach stall recoveries from turning stalls, and the aircraft will
ALWAYS stall flat and be easily recovered IF one maintains coordination.
Maintaining coordination means that regardless of the flight attitude, the
aircraft will be in a state of near equilibrium, and therefore both wings will
stall equally.  We teach judicious use of ailerons to prevent low hour pilots
from aggravating a stall into a spin, not because they can't be used.  I have a
standard KR2 and will be beginning that part of my flight testing soon, and
will give a brief report here, and expanded reports on the web page.  Others
are free to use this information to help evaluate their planes.  Bear in mind
that our plane has 1 inch spacers on the engine, and the seat is moved forward
5 inches ( we are SHORT ), so that will effect our CG and therefore final
speeds.

Tailwheel:  I have a wheelchair wheel as my tailwheel which is full swivel non
steerable air filled.  After 3 hours of taxi testing, and first flight I can
report no bad habits or problems with control.  I probably have to tap my
brakes more often the others for directional control but that is all.  It
tracks as well and is as controllable as the Citabria I got my tailwheel
endorsement in.  I personnally love knwoing that I can land in a very stiff
cross wind with no fear of the tailwheel ever being in a bind.  You guys with
tri-gear have the same free castoring, just up front.  I am just pulling mine
instead of pushing it.

AS&S:  First off I have had nothing but great service from AS&S, and have
always gotten what I ordered promptly.  I always use the internet site even if
I use the catalog to find the item first because sometimes a search on their
site doesn't show it.  You people should be flattered that Jim Irwin felt that
you were mature enough to understand his explaination about an agreement he has
with a supplier, and explain why he would not be able to match someone else's
price.  I took his e-mail as one coming from a friend who was making an
explaination to a friend, not airing dirty laundry.  Many of you here need to
re-read Dana Overall's post.  Price fixing is when several industry suppliers
or manufacturers get together and agree to set prices at a certain amount to
control the market concerning the same or similar products instead of setting
their own price.  It is also illegal for a business to set prices below cost to
drive other businesses out of the market place, except on approved sales like
clearances etc...   I am flattered that Jim Irwin took the time to post
ANYTHING here for us builders.  Pick up a trade a plane and look at how many
aircraft suppliers there are out there.  I don't see them contributing anything
here, or so much as saying hello.  I for one thank him for taking the time to
post here and appreciate his openness concerning this issue.  I welcome any
further comments or communications from him.  Wicks has great customer service,
but AS&S has never sent me a box beam of extruded aluminum when I ordered a
fiberglass arrow shaft either!

New netters:  Those that are brand new, read the KRnetiquette page very closely
and you will find all your answers about posts archives, how to unsubscribe,
what to post, how to check archives, etc...  I going on 3 years here I have
noticed about every 6 months Mark Jones or Langford has to post again about the
use of proper netiquette for the new guys or old guys who forget.  Also, it
will save you alot of time waiting on a response if before you post a question,
you take the time to read up on some of the builders web sites and learn what
they have done to solve probably the same issues.  You can view them at you
liesure when you need the information instead of posting a question here and
waiting for a response.  Also you can check the archives, and probably find
where someone else has already asked that question and what the answers were.
Again doing this is not to put you off but save you time, because you can
search and read on your time, then get back to building instead of waiting to
continue on answers.

Sorry about how long,

Colin & Bev Rainey
KR2(td) N96TA