Hello Net

Sure is quite today.  As an update to my turbo saga, I disassembled the center
section today and no parts fell out.  The oil seal on the hot side is some
metal and looks like a piston ring seal.  This seal must be worn out as opposed
to blown out.  The compressor showed no signs of leaking.
I uploaded some pictures onto my web site at
http://kr-2.aviation-mechanics.com/turborepair.htm

I have found a new compressor wheel and a seal and bearing kit at
www.htturbo.com
they will cost me $89 for the bearings and seals and $51 for the new compressor
wheel.  My $100. Ebay turbo is now up to $250.  That's still not bad.  Paul at
High Tech Turbo tells me that the trim is 52 and that the turbine housing is a
.43 A/R.  These numbers are Greek to me.

Orma
Southfield, MI
N110LR celebrating 20 years
Flying, flying and more flying