Brian asked how adjustable propellers work.

The hub is a clamping arrangement where you can loosen the each blade and set
it to a new angle using a bubble gauge on the tip of the blade.  It takes me
about 20 minutes to change all four blades on my Renegade.

However, there is a major disadvantage to their use on a KR-2.  The blades are
constant angle.  When there is little difference between takeoff and cruise
speeds, this is okay (my Renegade stalls at 38 mph and cruises at 70).  With
the much wider speed range of a KR, the straight blade cannot be efficient over
the whole range.   It can be efficient at takeoff and climb, but most of it
becomes a rotating speedbrake at cruise.  I would suspect it could make a 15 to
20 mph difference in cruise speed.

The importance of blade twist is very evident in Ed Sterba's propellers.  He
has spent a lot of time understanding how the blades work.

Jim Vance
va...@claflinwildcats.com