Franc S wrote:

> ML           said" had a slight compression problem"
> Hello, would you mind sharing info re: "slight comp. prob" ?  & solution
for
> those of us following "Vair power"?

I posted the answer to this one to the CorvAircraft list this morning, so if
you're not a member of that list, you should consider joining.  It's also
run by me, so it's just like KRnet, except for the personalities!  Join by
sending an email to corvaircraft-j...@mylist.net.  I don't bother posting
that kind of stuff to KRnet because I assume that anybody that cares
anything about the Corvair will be on CorvAircraft.

But to answer your question, I had one cylinder that was "only" 74/80
differential compression, so I fixed it.  Most people wouldn't have noticed
it, and most who DID notice it wouldn't have bothered to fix it, but the
Corvair is so easy to get the head off, I had it fixed in a few hours.  The
problem was a few tiny radial gauges on the face of the valve, even though
it was a new one.   I had lapped the valves to the seats, but it didn't
bridge those gouges, and I didn't notice.  I had the valve face ground, and
it was only slightly better (that's when I noticed it), so I stuck a new one
in it and now it's fine.  I still have some  high EGT problem on two
cylinders, so I'm looking at intake and fuel distribution matters at the
moment.  We beat this one to death a few months ago on CorvAircraft.  I'm
sure I could fly it right now, but would rather get it right.  I'm not used
to owning engines that do things that I have no explanation for.  I just
need the time to look at it...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net